Friday Prayer Points
7 October 2011
1. As the sun sets today, the holiest day on God's calendar starts. Yom Kippur - the Day of Atonement - is a day of fasting in which most Jews in Israel and many in the rest of the world attend synagogues praying for God to save them! It is a wonderful day for the Body of Messiah to also pray, even fast, asking God to fulfill His word that all Israel will be saved (Romans 11:26).
We started by looking at Micah 7:18-20, one of the readings on Yom Kippur.
Who is a God like You, who pardons iniquity, and passes by the transgression of the remnant of His heritage? He retains not His anger forever, because He delights in mercy. He will turn again; He will have compassion upon us; He will subdue our iniquities. You will cast all their sins into the depths of the sea. You will perform the truth to Jacob, and the mercy to Abraham, which You have sworn unto our fathers from the days of old.
Abba, we bless You for being such a loving and faithful God.
Lord, we so appreciate Your commitment to us and to this nation.
God of Israel, be glorified in Israel and unto the ends of the earth on this weekend.
2. During the afternoon of Yom Kippur, the book of Jonah is read. It is an amazing picture of God's mercy to the gentile nations and even to the animals He has created. We interceded, asking God to save many of the house of Israel over this weekend, using the book of Jonah to capture their attention to His mercy and grace and His desire for man's repentance.
Oh that the salvation of Israel were come out of Zion! when the LORD brings back the captivity of His people, Jacob shall rejoice, and Israel shall be glad.
Psalms 14:7; 53:6
Abba, as we lift up the following groups in the Jewish community, both here and in exile. Please reveal to many that Israel still has a high priest - Yeshua the Messiah.
…We have such an high priest, who is set on the right hand of the throne of the Majesty in the heavens; a minister of the sanctuary, and of the true tabernacle, which the Lord pitched, and not man.
Lord save Holocaust survivors and their children.
Save the ultra-Orthodox, and all other Jews, who will be in the synagogues tonight and tomorrow, pleading with You for salvation.
May the names of the unsaved loved ones of Messianic Jews be written in the Lamb's book of life this very weekend (Revelation 13:8).
Abba, many of our security forces and soldiers will be on duty, protecting this nation during this holy day. Touch them and bring them closer to Yourself through Yeshua.
Yeshua, open the eyes of many Rabbis - even as they lead Yom Kippur services.
Lord, touch the homeless, prostitutes, widows and orphans. Bring multitudes of them into Your kingdom at this time.
Yeshua, reveal Yourself to many of Israel's government ministers.
…Sing with gladness for Jacob, shout among the chief of the nations: publish, praise, and say, O LORD, save Your people, the remnant of Israel.
3. Although this is a very important day on God's calendar (Leviticus 16:1-34; 23:1,26-32), most of the Church is not even aware of it. Leviticus 23:2 states that these days are the feasts [moedi'im] of the LORD. They are not primarily Jewish feasts, but times God has appointed to meet with His people. This is very important for His people in the Body to understand and to take time to meet with their God. And what better day is there for us to pray for Israel's salvation?
Lord, wake up the Body to realize that You want to meet with them during this time.
Raise up prophetic voices to speak to the Body about this in all the nations we represent.
God, restore the complete Bible to those who call themselves "New Testament" believers and who actually only read and believe the New Testament.
Yeshua, Lord of the Body, build Your Church on the foundation of Your complete Word.
All scripture [historically Paul is referring only to the Old Testament!] is given by inspiration of God [lit. "God-breathed"], and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be mature, totally furnished unto all good works.
2 Timothy 3:16-17
4. Israel is on a very high security alert. Her enemies on earth, as well as in the spirit realm, love to cause death and destruction on her special days, whether religious or national celebrations.
Almighty Lord of Hosts, please protect this nation over this weekend (Psalm 121:4).
Bless and keep alert all of Israel's security forces - especially those who are fasting as well as guarding.
Abba, give us a peaceful day so that Your people can seek Your face (2 Chronicles 7:14).
Protect our southern border with Gaza and the Sinai and the long sea coast Israel has on the Mediterranean.
Watch over our northern border with Lebanon and Hizbullah as well as the border we share with Syria along the Golan Heights.
Defend us from all internal enemies (Psalm 129:5).
Provide intelligence services accurate information and timing of any attempted attacks.
Stir up Yourself, and awake to my judgment, even unto my cause, my God and my Lord. Judge me, O LORD my God, according to Your righteousness; and let them not rejoice over me. Let them not say in their hearts, Ah, so would we have it: let them not say, We have swallowed him up. Let them be ashamed and brought to confusion together that rejoice at my hurt. Let them be clothed with shame and dishonor that magnify themselves against me.
5. While much of the world and the international media is focused in on the "peace process" between Israel and a very uncooperative Palestinian Authority (for which we thank God!), Iran continues to move forward in her quest for weapons of mass destruction. If Iran obtains nuclear weapons, the whole of Western civilization is at stake - although Israel is the immediate target.
Abba, we remind You of what You said about Elam [ancient Persia, where modern Iran is today]:
And I will set My throne in Elam, and will destroy from there the king and the princes, says the LORD.
Set Your throne in Iran by continuing to save multitudes of Iranians.
Give our Iranian brothers and sisters wisdom to know how to pray for their nation, and where and when to speak of the good news to their fellow citizens.
Lord, we remind You to also destroy the king and the princes.
Deal with their whole religious and political system that continually threatens Israel and Your Body.
Thank You for the reports of chaos surrounding Iran's economy and the division in the government between Ahmadinejad and his opponents.
If Israel is to destroy Iran's nuclear weapons threat, give her wisdom and insight into when and how to do it.
You are My battle axe and weapons of war: for with you I will break in pieces the nations, and with you I will destroy kingdoms;
Show Yourself mighty in the sight of the nations by dealing with this Iranian regime and religious hierarchy.
The LORD is known by the judgment He executes. The wicked is snared in the work of his own hands. Higgaion. Selah.
6. We prayed for Israeli Prime Minster Benyamin 'Bibi' Netanyahu and his family.
May they come to know Messiah Yeshua in a very personal way.
Protect and strengthen him.
Protect his health.
God, make him one of the shepherds after Your own heart that You promised to give to this nation when You brought us back from exile (Jeremiah 23:3-4).
Surround Bibi with wise counselors.
Abba, intervene in the media which is almost continually bashing Bibi and spreading negative reports about him.
We bless You for giving to Israel PM Netanyahu to lead this nation at this time.
We bless Bibi Netanyahu in the mighty name of Yeshua.
7. We finished by praying for aliyah - the immigration of Jews from the nations to home. We focused on Messianic Jews who will most likely say tomorrow, "Next year in Jerusalem," as that is at the end of the Yom Kippur service. Yet will they mean it? Messiah Yeshua said not to swear by an oath, but to let your yes be yes and your no be no. Anything more that is evil or sin. (Matthew 5:37; James 5:12). In many ways this saying of the Jewish people for many centuries is an oath before God and man.
Abba, as our brothers and sisters in Yeshua say 'Next year in Jerusalem", may the Spirit of God urged them to make it so.
Lord, remove all fears of the giants in the land and send forth the same spirit that was in Joshua and Caleb (Numbers 14:24).
We thank You for the increase in aliyah this past year. Continue the trend in this new year - especially with the Israelis who are returning home in large numbers.
May the Lord give you a sweet time with Himself and in prayer over this weekend.
Thank you for standing with Israel and us at this critical time.
taken from Intercessors for Israel Newsletter.