Thursday, March 10, 2011

Esther Intercession Post 2

Prayer points for Esther intercession against the threats from Iran:

• Accept the challenge to rise up and pray against the plans of Iran and fanatical Islam to destroy Israel!
“Who will rise up for me against the wicked? Who will take a stand for me against evildoers?” (Ps 94:16)

• Confess and renounce all sin and disobedience!
“Your troops will be willing on your day of battle. Arrayed in holy splendor, your young men will come to you like dew from the morning’s womb.” (Ps 110:3)

• Pray for humility before God with fasting that will lead to effective intercession!
“So I turned to the Lord God and pleaded with him in prayer and petition, in fasting, and in sackcloth and ashes. …Do not be afraid, Daniel. Since the first day that you set your mind to gain understanding and to humble yourself before your God, your words were heard, and I have come in response to them. But the prince of the Persian kingdom resisted me twenty-one days. Then Michael, one of the chief princes, came to help me, because I was detained there with the king of Persia." (Dan 9:3; 10:12-13)

• Pray for strength and protection to stand in the battle!
"Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms." (Eph 6:10-12)

• Pray the prayer of Hezekiah against the threats of Iran and the Islamists!
"And Hezekiah prayed to the LORD: 'O LORD Almighty, God of Israel, enthroned between the cherubim, you alone are God over all the kingdoms of the earth. You have made heaven and earth. Give ear, O LORD, and hear; open your eyes, O LORD, and see; listen to all the words [Iran and the Islamists] has sent to insult the living God. …Now, O LORD our God, deliver us from his hand, so that all kingdoms on earth may know that you alone, O LORD, are God.'” (Isa 37:16-17,20)

• Lift up holy hands before the Throne of Grace and pray that God will defeat Iran’s agenda just as Joshua defeated the Amalekites as long as Moses prayed!
"For hands were lifted up to the throne of the LORD. The LORD will be at war against the Amalekites from generation to generation.’" (Ex 17:14-16)

• Pray that God’s name will be sanctified and glorified in all the earth!
"It is not for your sake, O house of Israel, that I am going to do these things, but for the sake of my holy name, …Then the nations will know that I am the LORD, declares the Sovereign LORD, when I show myself holy through you before their eyes." (Ez 36:22-23)

• Pray for Israel’s salvation based on God’s mighty promises!
"'For I will take you out of the nations; I will gather you from all the countries and bring you back into your own land. I will sprinkle clean water on you, and you will be clean; I will cleanse you from all your impurities and from all your idols. I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you; I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh. And I will put my Spirit in you and move you to follow my decrees and be careful to keep my laws. You will live in the land I gave your forefathers; you will be my people, and I will be your God.

"The desolate land will be cultivated instead of lying desolate in the sight of all who pass through it. They will say, 'This land that was laid waste has become like the garden of Eden;' …Then the nations around you that remain will know that I the LORD have rebuilt what was destroyed and have replanted what was desolate. I the LORD have spoken, and I will do it.” (Ez 36:24-28, 34-36)

• Pray for wisdom and courage for the new General Chief of Staff over Israel’s army Benny Gantz!
"I have bestowed strength on a warrior; I have raised up a …man from among the people.…My hand will sustain him; surely my arm will strengthen him. The enemy will not get the better of him; the wicked will not oppress him.” (Ps 89:19,21-22)

• Praise God for the victory!
“Praise the LORD. Sing to the LORD a new song, his praise in the assembly of his faithful people. …May the praise of God be in their mouths and a double-edged sword in their hands, to inflict vengeance on the nations and punishment on the peoples, to bind their kings with fetters, their nobles with shackles of iron, to carry out the sentence written against them — this is the glory of all his faithful people. Praise the LORD.” (Ps 149:1,6-9)

portions taken from the Elijah Prayer Army

No comments:

Post a Comment